||12 Sep 2019
||Newcastle upon Tyne
18:00 - 18:30: Pre-event networking and refreshments
18:30 - 19:15: Welcome & Presentation – Andrew Pearson - When BA met UX...
19:15 - 20:00: Hands-on session
19:15 - 20:30: Wrap up and post-event networking
20:30 - Event Close
When BA met UX...
Can two close disciplines work together and still love each other in the morning?
BA and UX have known each other for years, but the two disciplines have rarely worked so closely together. As digital development evolves, techniques collide, personalities clash, and opinions change. We will explore how UX and BA learned to love working together leading to optimum user-centred outcomes at Orange Bus.
At this event we will share lessons learned in the largely undefined area of multidisciplinary BA and UX collaboration:
- Getting the right balance: BA and UX tools and techniques
- Using new approaches
- Working to fit better with UX
- Playing to each other’s strengths for ‘happily ever after’ with our company, our clients, and our users
The evening will involve a presentation and a hands-on session so we can get to know each other, BA and UX a little better.
Andrew Pearson is a Senior Business Analyst at Orange Bus. Over his career, Andrew has worked on major projects for public and private organisations such as NHS England, BAE Systems and HM Passport Office. Andrew joined Orange Bus in 2018, where he has most recently been Lead Business Analyst on the FSCS Service Design project. This project aims to transform the service offered to customers through research and service strategy.
Arriving by car
- If arriving by car, Dean Street multi-storey car park is conveniently located directly opposite Milburn House on Dean Street, in Newcastle City Centre.
- Leaving the ca rpark turn left to follow Dean Street downhill.
- Cross Dean St before walking under the bridge and follow the path right up the hill of Side St.
- Towards the top of Side St you will find the Orange Bus entrance to your right. Just inside the door to the left you will find the Orange Bus branded intercom. Give us a call!
From Newcastle Central Station
- Turn right as you leave the station heading East to follow Neville St. Continue onto Collingwood St.
- Follow Collingwood St to find Subway on the corner of St Nicholas St. Use the crossing here and head right towards the Cathedral onto St Nicholas St
- With the Catherdral to your left, continue along St Nicholas St, and bear left onto Side St. Continue down the steep hill keeping to the path on the left
- As the road and path turn left you will find the Orange Bus entrance to your left. Just inside the door to the left you will find the Orange Bus branded intercom. Give us a call!
To join the discussion, please sign in.