Location: Isle of Man
Salary: £46,000 - £63,000
This is an excellent management opportunity for an experienced Business Analyst. Whether you are an existing Business Analyst Manager or a highly capable Senior Business Analyst ready for the next step, this is a great opportunity in a fantastic company.
Reporting to the Head of Information Services, the successful applicant for this role will be an experienced Senior Business Analyst with a proven track record of mentoring and developing team members. The team are primarily responsible for requirements engineering and software quality assurance, but are involved throughout the entire software development life cycle.
There may be a requirement for occasional travel to Ireland and the UK.
- Team management responsibility for a team of Business / Systems Analysts including all aspects of recruitment, development and performance management.
- Maintain a framework of best practice to allow the analyst team to deliver to their full capability.
- As part of the IS Management team you will influence the strategy of the IS department and drive through its implementation to see raised standards across IS.
- As a change agent, influence the business to ensure that change is well thought out, appropriate and valuable.
- Ensure that the Customer Experience is considered and prioritised during change. When required, take an active project role;
- Shared accountability with the Project Manager, Systems Architect and Software Developer for project feasibility, evaluation, quality and completion.
- Close liaison with business sponsors and representatives to capture business system objectives, evaluate the business case and define system requirements.
- Close liaison with software developers in the detailed design, programming, testing and implementation of development and maintenance projects.
- To oversee the planning and development of test strategies, risk analysis and test planning to ensure that all specified requirements are met.
- To oversee the provision of post implementation support to all areas of the business as required.
- Applicants for this role should possess expert knowledge of Industry practices and processes for requirements engineering and software quality analysis disciplines in addition to a robust understanding of IS best practice and the systems development life cycle.
- We deliver using Waterfall and Agile methodologies, a working knowledge of both would be beneficial.
- Strong written, aural and verbal communication
- Ability to work with colleagues in both technical IT and business focused roles
- Comfortable to work with colleagues across all levels of seniority
- Ability to maintain calm under pressure and persevere during set-backs
- Effective negotiation skills as required to engage with peers and team colleagues to ensure provision of excellent service and to deliver on promises
- Competent user of MS Office suite of products
- Preference will be given to candidates with proven experience in team management
- Applicants should have at least 5 years practical experience in a Senior Business Analyst role ideally including experience of Life Assurance system applications.
- Preference will be given to applicants educated to degree level and holding BCS International Diploma in Business Analysis or other third level qualification in a related discipline.
Please send your application to HumanResources@canadalifeint.com.
To post a job on this site, please email us.
IIBA UK Chapter does not make any representation about any job vacancy advertisement which is accessed either on or by way of any links from this website. It is your responsibility to satisfy yourself as to the suitability of any agency, employer or job found directly or indirectly through this website. IIBA UK Chapter does not make any representation as to the security, quality or propriety of any website which may be accessed through this website. IIBA UK Chapter has no responsibility or liability to you in respect of any such website. If you decide to access any website linked to this website, you do so entirely at your own risk.