Close Brothers is embarking on the delivery of a significant change portfolio and as a result a requirement for an experienced Senior Business Analyst to support and drive forward key business change projects has arisen. Working as part of a dedicated Business Analysis team, the candidate will be required to work on a number of change initiatives across the organisation.
The senior business analyst acts as an intermediary between the business community and the technical community, working with IT project teams and business clients to capture, clarify, and design business requirements and processes (using appropriate tools and models) from which applications and solutions are developed.
The candidate will be expected to lead and drive the functional integrity of the overall solution ensuring that all key elements of the business case are satisfied by the business requirements. And the solution aligns to the architecture roadmap. In addition, they will be expected to work closely with the Lead Business Analyst to recruit, manage and develop a number of BA’s to enhance the wider BA practice.
The Senior Business Analyst role is a client facing role and will face off to business users up to senior management levels, Business Unit Chief Operating Officers and into IT delivery colleagues and work closely with the Lead Business Analyst and Programme / Project Managers to facilitate the successful delivery of the change initiatives.
- Analyse and support the creation of the Business Case, identifying the business outcomes required, ensuring alignment to the Capability Model and Process Framework.
- Provide insight to the project approach and manage competing priorities and project risks.
- Work closely with the Programme and Project managers to ensure the analysis activities are aligned to the project priorities.
- Present progress updates and key inputs to Project governance forums e.g. Steering Committees and working groups, leading as required
- Provide leadership and guidance to more junior Business Analysts and SMEs.
- Support the Lead Business Analyst in recruitment and resourcing, directing the work, coaching and mentoring more junior team members.
- Work closely with subject matter experts to identify and capture the business problems and interpret and translate them into business, application and operational requirements.
- Requirements gathered through industry standard analysis techniques but deliverables may vary according to size and delivery approach of change.
- Define the existing (As Is) processes, lead the design of new (To Be) processes, identify and quantify any gaps. Develop recommendations for business improvements.
- Communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyse information needs and functional requirements and deliver the required artifacts as per the change delivery lifecycle. (Artefact examples may include Functional and Non-Functional Requirements, Business Requirements Documents, Epics, User Stories, Use Cases, GUI, Screen and Interface designs, Functional Specifications and Designs).
- Work independently with users or under the direction of the Lead Business Analyst to engage with the business and develop analysis artefacts.
- Undertake data analysis to understand issues and propose solutions
- Collaborates with technology partners to translate business requirements into technical requirements and delivery of solutions.
- Verify changes to systems and processes and support test managers in the development of their test plans and test scripts, partnering with the business to conduct user acceptance testing.
- Assess the impact of the business change and assist with the development of training plans, communication plans, post implementation support processes and planning for transition to business as usual
- Be able to challenge business leads on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans
- Develop expertise in all business areas and their integration points to other departments or systems.
- May be required to deputise for the project manager or manage elements of smaller change initiatives
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Assess the impact of Change Requests on the proposed solution and identify risks and benefits of their implementation.
- Ensure that all Governance and Compliance requirements are adhered to and all reporting and reviewing activities required by the Regulatory Bodies are carried out to the standards required.
Skills & Experience
- Experience of leading and delivering the analysis of large scale complex projects and programmes
- Significant experience of traditional waterfall delivery in a structured change environment
- Strong stakeholder management skills at all levels, with the ability to present ideas appropriately for the audience
- Ability to challenge and influence to ensure that requirements align to scope and overall value delivers desired strategic outcomes of the program
- Must have experience of all phases of a change delivery lifecycle of a significantly sized project delivery
- Demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge and practical application of Business Analysis principles, practices, techniques and tools
- Strong change management skills
- Ability to interpret and distil complex information and data
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly, ‘plain English’ way
- Strong facilitation skills and excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to interact
professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers, and subject matter
- Skilled in the full MS Office suite, including Visio
- Skilled in project report creation, data analysis, Excel charts and pivot table
- Highly self-motivated
- Keen attention to detail
- Line management, coaching and mentoring
- A modern knowledge of the IT industry and its ways of working (both Agile (SCRUM), hybrid and Waterfall delivery approaches), ideally within Financial Services.
- Blueworks experience
- Jira experience
- Confluence experience
Education & Qualifications
- The successful candidate will have a strong academic background to degree level.
- A recognised professional Business Analyst qualification
- A project management qualification
Read more and apply here.