|19 Oct 2016
We are pleased to announce that Suffolk BAs have struck an exciting partnership with the University of Suffolk towards establishing a Suffolk Business Analysis Community of Practice based in Ipswich, as a branch of IIBA UK. Our inaugural workshop will be held on Wednesday October 19th from 6pm – 8pm at the University of Suffolk, Waterfront Building, Neptune Quay, Ipswich, IP4 1QJ. Doors will open at 5:30pm.
We will be joined by Dr Tom Vine, Course Leader on the University of Suffolk’s Maastricht Suffolk Executive MBA programme, and Andrew P Turner, IIBA UK Communities Director. After short talks on the Benefits of a Community of Practice, and Lessons Learned from other BA CoPs, we will open the floor for an interactive session to shape the community to meet our shared needs.
The objectives of the Business Analysis Community will include:
- To provide a Core Group of Advisors to support BAs and BA Managers in the fulfilment of their roles
- To provide alignment and awareness with the BABoK, BA Methodology, standards and emerging industry trends.
- To provide networking opportunities with other Business Analysts and the people who love them, such as PMs, Developers, Architects, Programme Managers, SMEs, Sponsors and Organizational leadership.
- To provide access to Training Resources and effectively support Business Analyst’s career development through collaborative learning by doing, opportunities to create and teach and learn and share.
- To provide opportunities for Business Analysts to develop their leadership skills by acting as mentors, trainers and creators of the BA Toolkit.
- To provide exposure to tools, techniques and approaches from other disciplines, including:
- Six Sigma
- Systems Thinking
- Process Consulting
- To provide a common access resource library that include:
- BA Toolkit of Techniques and Templates
- Examples of artefacts in use
- Case studies and Industry references etc.
- To provide opportunities to exhibit Shared technology, which can include tools used for:
We do hope that you will be able to join us, and help chart the way forward for this brilliant initiative. Tea, coffee and biscuits will be available.