|Date:||16 Jun 2020|
Want to know more about the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge – the BABOK guide?
Perhaps you are
· A new BA having recently joined the profession
· Considering becoming a BA
· Actively undertaking an IIBA certification, or considering doing this
· Overwhelmed when you pick up the BABOK guide, unsure where to start, feeling like its too big to get to grips with
· Wanting to improve your knowledge of some specific topics such as planning business analysis activities or solution evaluation
· Just keen to refresh your knowledge
IIBA UK have been running monthly online“drop-in” study group sessions. Join Funmi Foloranmi, Business Analyst at Nationwide together with Saffron House, Director of Professional Development UK, who will facilitate the final review and discussion session of this series.
How it works
The group are working through the key Chapters in the BABOK Guide through a series of online webinars as follows
· October 2019: Chapter 2: Key Concepts (Completed)
· November 2019: Chapter 9: Underlying competencies (Completed)
· December 2019: Chapter 6: Strategy Analysis (Completed)
· January 2020: Chapter 3: Business Analysis Planning & Monitoring (Completed)
· February 2020: Chapter 4: Elicitation & Collaboration (Completed)
· March 2020: Chapter 7: Requirements Analysis & Design Definition (Completed)
· April 2020: Chapter 5: Requirements Lifecycle Management (Completed)
· May 2020: Chapter 8: Solutions Evaluation (Completed)
· June 2020: The Agile Extension to the BABOK Guide
The exact date for each session is publicised 2-3 weeks in advance. Simply register for the session(s) that you are interested in, read up on the chapter in advance and bring your thoughts and questions to the session. You will need access to the BABOK guide or to the relevant chapter to ensure you are able to study it beforehand in your own time.
We have trialled this with small groups and can confidently say that members found it extremely valuable and a great way to engage with the content of the BABOK guide.
To join the discussion, please sign in.